1. SCOPE OF NOTICE
2. TYPES OF DATA AND COLLECTION METHODS
3. COLLECTION PURPOSES, USE OF DATA
We collect actively submitted data for two purposes: firstly, for the purpose for which you originally sent us the data (e.g., to send information to you); and secondly, for purposes of informing you about products, services and events; you can opt-out of receiving marketing emails as explained below. We collect passively tracked data, like cookies, for purposes of administering, protecting and improving our Site and our systems, to better understand the preferences of our Site visitors, to identify server problems, to compile aggregated statistics about Site usage, and to help personalize your experience of our Site.
4. LEGAL BASES FOR PROCESSING
We process your personal data on several different legal bases, as follows:
- Based on necessity to perform contracts with you - we need to process your personal data to ensure products and services you use are working as they should, answer questions and requests from you, and provide customer support.
- Based on legitimate interests - we process personal data from you for security and safety; to detect and prevent fraud; to protect and defend the rights or property of others, or our own rights and interests; we consider your privacy interests in this regard and redact personal information to the largest extent practicable to avoid affecting your privacy rights.
- Based on compliance with legal obligations - we need to process your personal data to comply with relevant laws, regulatory requirements and to respond to lawful requests, court orders, and legal process;
5. YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
You have the right to be informed of whether we are processing your personal data, and to request a copy of the personal data that we have about you. You also have a right to access, correct, delete, or object, upon verified request and free of charge, to our use of your information, to the extent required by law, by contacting us at email@example.com. You also have a right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
If you have provided consent for non-essential cookies, direct marketing emails or other data processing, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
Use of our services is purely voluntary and you do not need to provide personal data, but without certain personal data, you will not be able to fully use our services. Nevertheless, you can use our services without consenting to non-essential cookies or direct marketing emails; the only consequence is that our services will be less communicated and you may miss out on attractive promotions and news about our products.
We do not use automated decision-making, including profiling, as referred to in Article 22(1) of the GDPR, that is, in a way that produces legal effects concerning you or significantly affects you.
6. DISCLOSURES OF PERSONAL DATA
We share your information with our affiliates. We also share your information with our agents and service providers who use the data only on our behalf and for our purposes under data protection agreements. We share your personal data as required by law or in the interest of protecting or exercising our or others’ legal rights, e.g., in connection with requests from law enforcement officials and in connection with court proceedings. We share or transfer your information in connection with a prospective or actual sale, merger, transfer or other reorganization of all or parts of our business. Also, we reserve the right to fully use and disclose any information collected via the Site that cannot be linked to an identifiable individual.
7. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL DATA
We, and our service providers, maintain databases around the world and store your information in locations outside of your home country, including the United States. We provide appropriate protections for cross-border transfers as required by law for international data transfers, including for information transferred to third parties. With respect to such transfers from the EEA to the United States and other non-EEA jurisdictions, we implement data processing agreements and data transfer agreements that include standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission. Such data processing agreements are available upon request by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. DATA RETENTION
We retain your information only as long as needed to provide our services and for legitimate business purposes, unless we are required by law or regulation or for litigation and regulatory investigations to keep it for longer periods of time.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive to improve your user experience. When you visit the Site, we passively track information on your computer and Internet connection, such as the IP address of your computer and/or Internet service provider, the date and time you access our websites, the Internet address of websites from which you link to our Site, the computer technology you are using and your movements and preferences on our Site. This enables the Site to "remember" you – either for the duration of your visit (using a "session cookie") or for return visits (using a "persistent cookie").
Cookies on our Site are used for a host of different purposes, but generally speaking their use breaks down into the following categories:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: These are required for the operation of our Site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas.
- Analytical/Performance Cookies: These allow us to recognize and count the number of users of our Site and see how such users navigate through our Site. This helps to improve how our Site works, for example, by ensuring that users can find what they are looking for easily.
- Functional Cookies: These improve the functional performance of our Site and make it easier for you to use. For example, cookies are used to remember that you have previously visited the Site and asked to remain logged into it.
- Targeting Cookies: These record your visit to our Site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed to recognize you as a previous visitor and to track your activity on the Site.
What cookies do we use?
The following table lists the cookies used on our Site:
|Cookie/ Technology Type and Name||Source||Category||Purpose and Function||Cookie Duration After it is Loaded|
|lang||Local||Necessary/Functional||Remembers a language selection||End of Session|
|.ASPXAUTH||Local||Necessary/Functional||Maintains if a user has been authenticated||End of Session|
|ASP.NET_Sessionid||Local||Necessary/Functional||Maintains a session||End of Session|
|_gat||Google Analytics||Analytical||Used to throttle request rate.||1 minute|
|_ga||Google Analytics||Analytical/Targeting||Used to distinguish users.||2 years|
|_gid||Google Analytics||Analytical/Targeting||Used to distinguish users.||24 hours|
What are your options if you do not want cookies on your computer?
Combinations: Unless you also actively submit personal information such as your name or address, passively tracked data does not typically allow us to identify you personally (even though it can theoretically be done, we do not have the means or an interest to find out who you are, unless you identify yourself voluntarily through an active submission of data). To the extent permitted by applicable law, we reserve the right to combine passively tracked data with personal data that you actively submit.
10. CONTACT US